1A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, with three prior convictions, at N. Regent and E. Brown Deer roads at 12:40 a.m. April 9. There was a strong odor of alcohol in the car and the man admitted drinking "a little bit" of red wine, and a little bit of that wine had been spilled inside the car. The man failed field sobriety tests and after a warrant was issued was taken for a blood draw.
2A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for possession of marijuana after he was found in his car after hours at Doctor's Park, 1870 E. Fox Lane Drive, at 11 p.m. April 11. There was an odor of marijuana in the car and on the man, who had a green leafy substance clinging to his pants. He admitted having the drug and handed over a baggie with 3.7 grams of marijuana and a glass pipe that were in the center console.
3Two boys, ages and residences not released, were arrested for disorderly conduct after getting into a fight in a classroom at Brown Deer High School, 8060 N. 60th Street, at 1:40 p.m. March 10. One boy threatened to hit the other and the fight began. No injuries were reported.
4Two females, ages and residences not released, were arrested for theft and resisting/obstruction, and one also on three warrants and the other for negligent driving and damage to property after they took clothing valued at over $2,100 from Kohl's, 9060 N. Green Bay Road, at 5:15 p.m. March 20. They fled the store with two large bags, got into a car and drove away. Police located the women and the car, which had crashed into a snow bank near N. Kildeer Court and W. Brown Deer Road.
5An attempt was made to find a male teenager, not yet 18, residence not released, who was wanted for 10 outstanding warrants, in the 5300 block of W. Churchill Lane at 6:45 p.m. April 4. Police were told by the resident the boy no longer lived there. The boy has warrants for truancy, curfew violation, theft, obstruction, criminal damage to property and disorderly conduct, totaling fines of over $2,500.
6A man, age and residence not released, was arrested on an outstanding warrant for disorderly conduct after a report of him being disorderly at Brown Deer Lanes, 4715 W. Bradley Road, at 12:40 a.m. April 5. When police arrived, the man had left but was found in the area.
· A Brown Deer woman, age not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related, after pushing and scratching the face of her husband at 1 p.m. April 6. The husband said they were arguing when she attacked him. He told police she was "out of control."
7A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, with a prior conviction, and driving with a revoked license in the 3900 block of W. Bradley Road at 2:35 a.m. April 8. She was taken for a blood draw.
8A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after he was seen going 9 mph in a 25 mph zone and then turning off his headlights in the 500 block of E. Calumet Road at 3:45 a.m. March 15. The car pulled over and the man was found reclined in the driver's seat. The man, who had a strong odor of alcohol, failed field sobriety tests and had a BAC of 0.14.
· A resident reported April 6 that after filing his federal income tax he was told that someone else using his Social Security number, but in fact he had already filed, receiving a refund of over $8,000.
9A semi-automatic handgun valued at $900, credit cards and checks were taken from an unlocked car in the 5400 block of N. Mohawk Avenue overnight April 1 or 2. The owner became aware of the theft after he was notified of suspicious use of his credit card in Milwaukee. A person using one of the stolen cards, a 30-year-old Milwaukee male, was identified on surveillance video and later was arrested for using a stolen credit card. The theft is under investigation.
· A resident was notified after filing his federal tax forms that someone using his name had already filed April 2.
10A 33-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of marijuana and a 19-year-old Milwaukee woman for underage possession of alcohol after the man was stopped for a defective headlight in the 5600 block of N. Port Washington Road at 1:25 a.m. April 3. There was an "overwhelming odor" of the drug in the car and police found four baggies with .8 grams of marijuana along with an open bottle of peach Schnapps. The woman had an open bottle of Jose Cuervo in her purse.
11An iPhone valued at $200 was taken from a classroom table at Nicolet High School, 6701 N. Jean Nicolet Road, about 1:10 p.m. April 4. The owner said she put her phone on the table and looked away for just a few minutes and when she looked back, it was gone.
12 A 25-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon after a report of a couple having an argument in the 5200 block of N. 26th Street at 2:10 a.m. April 6. When police arrived they saw the man put an object near a porch and that turned out to be his handgun. The man, who was intoxicated, was arrested.
13 About $400 was taken from a safe in an office at the Golden Living Center, 1616 W. Bender Road, sometime after 4:30 p.m. April 4 but before the morning of April 7. The safe, which had been locked, was found unlocked that morning and the money gone.
14A 24-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for a parole violation and theft of clothing valued at $280 from Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, about 4:40 p.m. April 7. The woman was seen going into a fitting room two or three times with armloads of clothing and an empty purse, and as she left the store, she had a full purse and the fitting room was empty. The woman was on parole for retail theft.
15 A 51-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon, a knife, outside Ulta Beauty, 5658 N. Bayshore Drive, at 4:45 p.m. April 7. He had gone into the store telling a clerk police were following him and asked if she would hide his knife. She said no and he left the store "ditching" the knife in a planter. The man, who was intoxicated, said it was his birthday and he had the knife for protection.
16A Coach handbag and a Hobo handbag, each valued at $200, a $300 brief case and $120 cash was taken from a locked BMW at Elite Fitness, 2001 W. Good Hope Road about 6:15 p.m. April 7. A window was broken to gain entry. A witness reported seeing two suspicious males walking around the cars in the east lot. Those males were also seen on surveillance video.
17A 52-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, refusal to take a breath test and possession of cocaine and drug paraphernalia after he was stopped for weaving in traffic in the 5100 block of N. Port Washington Road at 1:35 a.m. April 9. Two syringes and less than a gram of cocaine were in the car.
Reports not available.
18A laptop computer, value not available, was reported taken from an apartment in the 1800 block of E. Jarvis Avenue sometime March 26 to April 4.
19A resident reported being the victim of battery and theft in the 4500 block of N. Marlborough about 2:30 a.m. April 5. The resident said he was having a party when 20 unknown subjects arrived and three or four of those subjects hit him in the head, causing injury. The man was taken to a hospital and received five stitches to close his wound. The next day he reported an Apple iPhone and a Macbook valued at over $1,500 had been taken.
20At least one apartment door lock was reported damaged in the 1700 block of E. River Park Court at 9 a.m. April 7. Hard plastic strips were put into the lock causing damage. Similar damage was reported in March.
21A burglary of merchandise and cash valued at about $2,000 was reported at Performance Running Outfitters, 4533 N. Oakland Avenue, at 8 p.m. April 7. A side door was forced open to gain entry.
22A purse was reported taken from a car in the 4000 block of N. Estabrook Pkwy about 12:45 p.m. April 8. No other information was available.
23An unlocked car was entered, and change, keys and reward cards were taken in the 4600 block of N. Murray Avenue sometime from April 7 to April 10. The value of the items was not yet available.
24A 16-foot fiberglass Red Old Town canoe was found on the beach at Big Bay Park, 5000 N. Palisades Road at 7:10 a.m. April 9.
25A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, possession of a controlled substance, driving left of center, impeding traffic, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and refusal to take a breath test in the 500 block of E. Silver Spring Drive at 11:25 p.m. April 9. The woman was seen stopping for no reason and then driving on the wrong side of road heading toward a squad car. She had a pill containing Acetaminophen and Hydrocodone without a prescription and, after being handcuffed, struggled with police.
26Jewelry and cash valued at over $7,000 were taken from the 4900 block of N. Idlewild Avenue between 9 p.m. and midnight April 9 and 10. Signs of forced entry were found on kitchen French doors on the east side of the residence.
· A boy, age and residence not released, was "taken into custody" after a report of "family trouble" at 3:45 p.m. April 10. The boy had sworn at family members while throwing items around the room. He was later turned over to a family member.
27 A 250 pound granite landscape boulder valued at $150 was taken from the 500 block of E. Carlisle Avenue between 8 p.m. April 11 and 8 a.m. April 12.
· Firefighters responded to 106 calls, 84 emergency medical and 22 fire/rescue, March 31 to April 6. Reports for April 7 to April 13 not yet available.
· Firefighters responded to a fire inside a clothes dryer in the 6300 block of N. Fairlane Avenue, Brown Deer, at 8:18 p.m. April 2. A fire extinguisher was used to put out the fire and the basement was ventilated. No injures were reported.
· A grass and brush fire covering about 15 square feet was reported close to a home in the 5400 block of W. Brown Deer Road, Brown Deer, at 5 p.m. April 6. The fire, possibly caused by a discarded cigarette, was put out with a garden hose. No injuries were reported.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Oct. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 1, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Sept. 24, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Sept. 17, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Sept. 10, 2015
- North Shore police report: Sept. 3
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 13, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 6, 2015
- North Shore Police Report: July 30
- North Shore Police Reports: July 16, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: July 9, 2015