· Two pairs of Cartier sunglasses valued at $850 and $1,880 were taken from Innovative Optique, 333 W. Brown Deer Road, about 4:30 p.m. April 3. Two males entered the store separately and each asked to see sunglasses. They looked at about three pairs and then each grabbed one pair and ran from the store, followed by employees. They drove off in a newer Silver Hyundai sedan. They were described as black males, about 6 feet tall, weighing from 180 to 200 pounds, each with a full goatee.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested March 10 for issuing a worthless check to buy parts for a car at Audi Northshore, 4400 W. Brown Deer Road, on March 5. The parts were recovered.
· Items valued at over $600 including a video game system and two cameras, were taken from the 8500 block of North Stoneridge Court between 7:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. March 26. A patio door was forced open for entry.
· Tools valued at over $2,400, including an air compressor and nail gun, were taken from a van in a lot behind the 4300 block of West Dean Road overnight March 25-26.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving (with two prior convictions), open intoxicants, unregistered vehicle, unauthorized display of a registration tag and no proof of insurance after he was seen driving 15 mph in a 30-mph zone and stopping well short of a stop sign in the 8500 block of North 60th Street at 12:11 a.m. March 27. The man, who failed field sobriety tests, had a preliminary blood alcohol content of 0.095.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for a warrant and theft at TJ Maxx, 9020 N. Green Bay Road, at 5 p.m. March 27. The woman attempted to leave the store with clothing valued at $496 but was stopped.
· A male, age and residence not released, was arrested for underage drinking, possession of marijuana and three warrants after a report of a fight in the parking lot of Brown Deer Lanes, 4715 W. Bradley Road, at 9:25 p.m. March 27. The man had 12.56 grams of marijuana in three baggies. His BAC was 0.10.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for possession of marijuana and speeding 57 mph in a 35-mph zone in the 8300 block of North Teutonia Blvd. at 3:50 p.m. March 29. The man rolled down his window just two inches but a strong odor of both fresh and burnt marijuana was evident. A blunt weighing 0.5 grams was on the floor and when asked if he'd been smoking the drug, he answered, "Yes, about two or three months ago."
· A man who was selling a video game system on Craigslist was given counterfeit money as payment when he met the buyer at Walgreens, 6020 W. Brown Deer Road, at 11:30 a.m. March 30. He was handed what he thought was $400 inside an envelope and then gave the game system to the buyer, who quickly left. When the seller opened the envelope, he realized the money "didn't feel right." The payment consisted of photocopied $20 and $50 bills.
No reportable incidents this week.
· Construction tools valued at over $1,500, including two nail guns, were taken from a locked van in the 2100 block of West Good Hope Road overnight March 26-27. A door lock was punched in, causing $350 damage.
· A man and woman, 23 and 26, from Milwaukee were arrested for forgery/uttering after attempting to use counterfeit $100 bills to purchase jeans at Ragman, 5800 N. Bayshore Drive, at 6:15 p.m. March 27. They fled from the store but were caught in Whitefish Bay after scattering more than a dozen counterfeit $100 bills in the area. Another man who was with the couple, fled the store with six pairs of jeans valued at $774. He was last seen getting into a car and driving away.
· A diamond ring valued at $2,669 was taken at Zales, 5720 N. Bayshore Drive, at 7:10 p.m. March 27. A man entered the store and asked to see a man's diamond ring. After it was handed to him, the employee looked away for an instant, and the man ran from the store. He exited the mall and fled in a car.
· A 15-year-old Milwaukee girl was cited for a curfew violation after she was seen walking alone in the 5100 block of North Port Washington Road at 2:45 a.m. March 28. The girl, who was released to her guardian, said she was waiting for a ride after visiting friends at a motel.
· A 16-year-old Milwaukee girl was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and carrying a concealed weapon after an anonymous tip at Nicolet High School, 6701 N. Nicolet Road, at 12:10 p.m. March 28. The girl had 2.4 grams of marijuana, a glass pipe with residue, a pack of cigarettes, a lighter and a 3-inch blade knife, which she said she carries for protection.
· A 22-year-old Milwaukee man, an employee, was arrested on a warrant and for theft after taking another employee's smartphone, valued at $600, from a secured area at IPic, 5750 N. Bayshore Drive, about 10 p.m. March 28. The theft was caught on surveillance video. When the suspect returned to work March 29 and was asked about the phone, he denied taking it. However the phone was found hidden in his sock.
· A 27-year-old Waukesha woman was arrested for drunken driving after she was seen driving with her front bumper dragging on the ground in the 5000 block of North Port Washington Road at 3:30 a.m. March 30. The woman denied being in an accident and said she was just lost trying to get to Seven Mile Fair. A short time later, it was discovered she hit a fence exiting Interstate 43 at Hampton Road.
· A man was seen hiding six packs of $100 worth of candy in his jacket and then attempting to leave Pick 'n Save, 1735 W. Silver Spring Drive, at 10:40 a.m. March 31. An employee recognized the man as the same person who for the past three days took over $300 worth of candy. The employee confronted the suspect and attempted to restrain him, but the man was able to get away, dropping the candy as he fled.
· A man grabbed three headphones valued at $600 and ran from The Apple Store, 5727 N. Centerpark Way, at 5 p.m. April 1.
· Five women, ages and residences not released, were arrested for escort without a license after police set up "dates" with them on a website used by prostitutes at Days Inn, 4700 N. Port Washington Road, late evening April 1 and early morning April 2..
· A tablet computer valued at $200 and a wallet and contents valued at $50 were taken from an unlocked car in the 2200 block of West Arbor Drive between 4 p.m. April 1 and 6:45 a.m. April 2.
· A 2011 black Toyota Sequoia valued at $50,000 was taken from the 9000 block of North Lodgewood Road between 8 a.m. March 31 and 6 a.m. April 1.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving (with one prior conviction and another pending), bail jumping and refusal to take a breath test after a minor accident at East Newton and North Oakland avenues at 1 p.m. March 29. The woman, who was last arrested for drunken driving March 17, was out on bail with an absolute sobriety order. She refused a blood draw and a warrant was issued.
· A $1,100 bicycle was taken at Estabrook Skate Park, 4600 N. Estabrook Parkway, at 2:50 p.m. March 29. A man reported a boy asked him if he could take a ride. After the man said "yes," the boy rode off on the bike and never returned.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for theft of a pair of reading glasses, value not listed, at Thompson's Serv-U Pharmacy, 1421 E. Capitol Drive, at 7:25 p.m. March 31.
· Four rolls of stamps valued at $196 were taken from the Shorewood Post Office, 1620 E. Capitol Drive, at 8:40 a.m. April 2. After the man tried to pay for the stamps with a check that was declined, he grabbed the stamps and walked out.
· Two backpacks and its contents — including two laptop computers and a tablet computer, values not yet available — were taken from a car in the 1200 block of East Capitol Drive between 7:45 and 8 p.m. April 2. A rear window was broken for entry.
· Pry marks were found on a garage service door in the 100 block of East Henry Clay Street on March 28. Nothing was missing.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after his vehicle was seen weaving in traffic in the 4900 block of North Lake Drive about 2:15 a.m. March 30. His BAC was 0.14.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after being stopped for no front license plate in the 4500 block of North Oakland Avenue at 2:55 a.m. March 30. His BAC was 0.16.
· A home was burglarized in the 700 block of East Beaumont Avenue between 7 and 11:30 p.m. March 31. A first floor window on the southeast corner of the home was pried open. There was no information on what was taken.
· Over 18 unlocked cars were entered and rummaged through between March 31 and April 3 in the following blocks: 5500 and 6000 of North Lydell Avenue, 4900, 5200 and 5700 of North Shoreland Avenue, 5900 and 6100 of North Bay Ridge Avenue, 200 of East Monte Claire Avenue, 4800 and 5000 of North Diversey Blvd., 4900 of North Berkeley Blvd. and the 5700 block of North Santa Monica Blvd. One resident reported a GPS taken.
· A male posing as a We Energies employee attempted to collect money for an "unpaid energy bill" at Pandl's Restaurant, 1319 E. Henry Clay St., at 3:25 p.m. April 1. The man fled the scene before police arrived.
· About $800 cash, a hard drive and a vintage 35-mm camera, value not available, were taken from the 5700 block of North Lake Drive between Jan. 15 and April 1. There were workers in the home during that time.
· A resident reported an attempted fraud/scam after receiving a call from a male saying he was his grandson and had been arrested for drunken driving and needed $2,000 sent to an attorney "right away" at 10:25 a.m. April 2. The resident called his grandson, who was at work. No money was sent.
· Burglaries were reported at Fringe Salon, Stretch Xperience and Your Siesta, 5630 N. Lake Drive, overnight April 2-3. About $400 to $500 was taken from two of the business but nothing from the third. The businesses are located in the basement, first and second floors.
· Over $700 cash was taken from the Eleta Salon and Spa, 314 E. Silver Spring Drive, between 7:30 p.m. April 2 and 10 a.m. April 3. A north side rear door was forced open for entry.
· Two businesses each reported about $400 was taken in the 300 block of East Silver Spring Drive overnight April 2 or 3. There was sign of forced entry.
· About $170 was taken from Just Kidding Kids Cuts, 322 E. Silver Spring Drive, overnight April 2-3. A rear door was pried open and a door vent removed to gain entry.
· A rear door was found open at the Fox Bay Building, 338 E. Silver Spring Drive, at 9:55 p.m. April 3. A second floor office was found in "disarray," but the tenant said nothing was gone and his office is often messy.
· A female, age and residence not released, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia after a witness called police to report two people sitting in a car drinking beer at Klode Park near the tennis courts, 5900 N. Lake Drive, at 5:35 p.m. April 4. A pipe with residue was found in the car and the female admitted she and her friend had just smoked marijuana.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving and a warrant in the 1200 block of East Henry Clay Street at 3:30 a.m. April 5. Her BAC was 0.11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 6, 2015
- North Shore Police Report: July 30
- North Shore Police Reports: July 16, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: July 9, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: July 2, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 30, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015