A man was arrested for drunken driving March 16 after he drove onto a front lawn, crashing into a bay window of a home and causing damage.
According to the Whitefish Bay police report:
The man, age and residence not released, drove onto a front lawn, crashing into a bay window causing damage in the 6100 block of North Santa Monica Boulevard at 8:35 p.m. March 16.
As reported last week, North Shore Fire Department arrived on the scene and reported the bay window pushed in with "extensive heaving and cracking" to the foundation and cracks on both the first and second floors, but the report stated there was "no need for structural support."
He was arrested for drunken driving, unreasonable and imprudent speed, obstruction and failure to have a driver's license. The man was taken to a hospital for his injuries.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- Whitefish Bay leads state in ACT scores
- Tennis courts receive another $60K in district funding
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- Whitefish Bay sets sex offender limits
- No refunds on Whitefish Bay assessments
- North Shore Police Reports: August 7, 2014