On April 1, Whitefish Bay residents will have the opportunity to elect a new village president. I am writing to voice my strong support for Anne O'Connor. As a village trustee for the past three years, I have the firsthand experience of seeing the inner-workings of the board. Whitefish Bay needs a president who values open communication, invites resident input and can provide sound leadership to the staff to ensure that our village continues to move forward to not only maintain the high quality of life we all enjoy but to improve it.
Anne's rigorous approach to understanding the issues and her tenacity to ask questions will serve the village well as we continue to move forward on our Capital Improvement Plan, ensuring that our aging infrastructure is upgraded in the most cost effective manner. Anne is a diplomatic problem solver who respects multiple points of view and encourages collaboration among the various stakeholder groups in our community. She has already demonstrated her leadership abilities in the village through her roles on the Whitefish Bay Civic Foundation and the Whitefish Bay Little League Board. The Village of Whitefish Bay will be well served by Anne O'Connor as president. I strongly encourage you to join me in casting your vote for her on April 1.
Brenda Keating Szumski
Whitefish Bay trustee
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in popsicles (1)
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner' (2)
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15 (1)
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay
- Villages taking precaution with lead service laterals
- Whitefish Bay hosts eco-friendly 'Green Day' event
- Dominican HS grad Kevin Brauer repurposes old clothing with Upties business
- Whitefish Bay restaurant Moxie to open in late summer