On April 1, Whitefish Bay residents will have the opportunity to elect a new village president. I am writing to voice my strong support for Anne O'Connor. As a village trustee for the past three years, I have the firsthand experience of seeing the inner-workings of the board. Whitefish Bay needs a president who values open communication, invites resident input and can provide sound leadership to the staff to ensure that our village continues to move forward to not only maintain the high quality of life we all enjoy but to improve it.
Anne's rigorous approach to understanding the issues and her tenacity to ask questions will serve the village well as we continue to move forward on our Capital Improvement Plan, ensuring that our aging infrastructure is upgraded in the most cost effective manner. Anne is a diplomatic problem solver who respects multiple points of view and encourages collaboration among the various stakeholder groups in our community. She has already demonstrated her leadership abilities in the village through her roles on the Whitefish Bay Civic Foundation and the Whitefish Bay Little League Board. The Village of Whitefish Bay will be well served by Anne O'Connor as president. I strongly encourage you to join me in casting your vote for her on April 1.
Brenda Keating Szumski
Whitefish Bay trustee
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- Whitefish Bay puckers up for school fundraising drive
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- St. Monica to host car wash
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- Whitefish Bay leads state in ACT scores
- Tennis courts receive another $60K in district funding