I am delighted to support Anne O'Connor in her campaign to become president of the Whitefish Bay Village Board. I worked with Anne for four years while serving on the Whitefish Bay Civic Foundation Board. I was continuously impressed by this mother of triplets, master's degree student and former business owner. Anne is bright, hard working and an experience leader, and has integrity.
As she completed her master's program last year, Anne turned her attention to what matters a great deal to her: our village. She became president of the Civic Foundation and continued to serve as the board's liaison to the Business Improvement District. As such, she learned a great deal more about the issues surrounding Silver Spring Drive, how our government operates, and how the various stakeholders in our village interact. These experiences led to her decision to run for village president.
Before and throughout her campaign, Anne has attended the village meetings every month. She also has attended meetings held by other local municipalities, and has discovered new ideas that she can bring to Whitefish Bay. This demonstrates initiative and her openness to different strategies and concepts. Having seen first-hand Anne's ability to take a concept and turn it into a community-wide reality, I have no doubt that if there exists opportunity for Whitefish Bay to be more vibrant, she will capture it and make it happen.
I have attended recent campaign events and observed the impact her platform has on audiences. It is compelling! She has plans and ideas to address what all of us are concerned about. Anne has a vision, and I support it.
I humbly and respectfully ask you to vote for O'Connor on April 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Monica Parish hosts first "wine and art" winter social
- Whitefish Bay orchestra presents Music for Munchkins children's concert
- Raw video: Driver runs over 36 parking meters in Whitefish Bay (5)
- Gerhards Kitchen and Bath coming to Whitefish Bay
- Patton Oswalt to perform at JCC fundraiser benefiting Special Olympics Wisconsin
- Elvish tradition continues at Whitefish Bay cabin
- Hillel Academy students help their classmate get a new wheelchair
- Sen. Alberta Darling gets feedback from North Shore school districts (3)
- Placesetters will close after 38 years in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay man robbed in his driveway