I am delighted to support Anne O'Connor in her campaign to become president of the Whitefish Bay Village Board. I worked with Anne for four years while serving on the Whitefish Bay Civic Foundation Board. I was continuously impressed by this mother of triplets, master's degree student and former business owner. Anne is bright, hard working and an experience leader, and has integrity.
As she completed her master's program last year, Anne turned her attention to what matters a great deal to her: our village. She became president of the Civic Foundation and continued to serve as the board's liaison to the Business Improvement District. As such, she learned a great deal more about the issues surrounding Silver Spring Drive, how our government operates, and how the various stakeholders in our village interact. These experiences led to her decision to run for village president.
Before and throughout her campaign, Anne has attended the village meetings every month. She also has attended meetings held by other local municipalities, and has discovered new ideas that she can bring to Whitefish Bay. This demonstrates initiative and her openness to different strategies and concepts. Having seen first-hand Anne's ability to take a concept and turn it into a community-wide reality, I have no doubt that if there exists opportunity for Whitefish Bay to be more vibrant, she will capture it and make it happen.
I have attended recent campaign events and observed the impact her platform has on audiences. It is compelling! She has plans and ideas to address what all of us are concerned about. Anne has a vision, and I support it.
I humbly and respectfully ask you to vote for O'Connor on April 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll coming on Friday
- New Whitefish Bay student group 'gives back' to those in need
- Sendik's rolls out online grocery shopping service
- Milwaukee Bucks player John Henson alleges racial discrimination at Whitefish Bay jewelry store (10)
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Whitefish Bay votes to end Halloween block parties (2)
- Whitefish Bay upgrades tennis courts at Richards Elementary School
- Fire damages two Whitefish Bay homes
- UWM baseball team allowed to practice at Whitefish Bay's Cahill Park
- Whitefish Bay school taxes projected to increase 3.7 percent