Support for O'Connor
I am writing as a Silver Spring business owner and former member of the Board of the Whitefish Bay Business Improvement District, which represents the interests of business and property owners within the Silver Spring business district. While I cannot say that I speak for all of the business owners, based on my discussions I do believe that I speak for many of them in supporting Anne O'Connor for Village President. I believe that O'Connor is the best choice and will be a strong champion for making Silver Spring the type of thriving business district Whitefish Bay residents desire.
Anne is currently president of the Whitefish Bay Civic Foundation, and because of her involvement with the Civic Foundation, she has served over the past years as liaison to the Whitefish Bay BID. Through her interactions with the BID, her own experiences as a small business owner, and her knowledge of local government, Anne has been active in identifying several ways in which the success of Silver Spring has been limited due to the political status quo. She intends to improve the governmental relationship with the street, and will include all stakeholders in discussions regarding developments and projects in support of Silver Spring and the enhancement of community in Whitefish Bay. This will be a welcome change.
Linda M. Lang
Owner, LML Hair Designs
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll coming on Friday
- New Whitefish Bay student group 'gives back' to those in need
- Sendik's rolls out online grocery shopping service
- Milwaukee Bucks player John Henson alleges racial discrimination at Whitefish Bay jewelry store (10)
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Whitefish Bay votes to end Halloween block parties (2)
- Whitefish Bay upgrades tennis courts at Richards Elementary School
- Fire damages two Whitefish Bay homes
- UWM baseball team allowed to practice at Whitefish Bay's Cahill Park
- Whitefish Bay school taxes projected to increase 3.7 percent