Support for O'Connor
I am writing as a Silver Spring business owner and former member of the Board of the Whitefish Bay Business Improvement District, which represents the interests of business and property owners within the Silver Spring business district. While I cannot say that I speak for all of the business owners, based on my discussions I do believe that I speak for many of them in supporting Anne O'Connor for Village President. I believe that O'Connor is the best choice and will be a strong champion for making Silver Spring the type of thriving business district Whitefish Bay residents desire.
Anne is currently president of the Whitefish Bay Civic Foundation, and because of her involvement with the Civic Foundation, she has served over the past years as liaison to the Whitefish Bay BID. Through her interactions with the BID, her own experiences as a small business owner, and her knowledge of local government, Anne has been active in identifying several ways in which the success of Silver Spring has been limited due to the political status quo. She intends to improve the governmental relationship with the street, and will include all stakeholders in discussions regarding developments and projects in support of Silver Spring and the enhancement of community in Whitefish Bay. This will be a welcome change.
Linda M. Lang
Owner, LML Hair Designs
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Burglary suspects allegedly target Bay couple at funeral
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- Whitefish Bay chooses John Thomsen as new superintendent of schools
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Wauwatosa officials say city would lose $400K in five years under proposed room-tax changes
- Whitefish Bay examines pedestrian safety in the wake of a fatal accident (3)
- Whitefish Bay students paint portraits for orphans in Ghana
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- Pedestrian dies after being struck by car in Whitefish Bay