I am eager to offer a few words in connection with Julie Siegel's candidacy for re-election as Whitefish Bay village president. I have known her for many years, since the time she first joined the Village Board as a trustee.
Now, as village president, she has been an exemplary leader. Among other things, she has the patience of a saint. She listens — and pays close attention to — a variety of viewpoints from a variety of sources, including ordinary villagers who come before the board. On those occasions when she puts forth an opinion of her own, she does it clearly and cogently, but always with a respect for contrary views.
I look forward to voting for Julie Siegel on election day and urge other villagers to do the same.
Whitefish Bay village trustee
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 5, 2015
- St. Monica's antique show in Whitefish Bay celebrates 50 years
- Pandl's celebrates 100 years in Whitefish Bay
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- Fleeing the scene of a robbery, suspects crash stolen car near Whitefish Bay
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- Howie Mandel featured in Jewish Community Center's 'Laugh It Up Milwaukee' event