I am eager to offer a few words in connection with Julie Siegel's candidacy for re-election as Whitefish Bay village president. I have known her for many years, since the time she first joined the Village Board as a trustee.
Now, as village president, she has been an exemplary leader. Among other things, she has the patience of a saint. She listens — and pays close attention to — a variety of viewpoints from a variety of sources, including ordinary villagers who come before the board. On those occasions when she puts forth an opinion of her own, she does it clearly and cogently, but always with a respect for contrary views.
I look forward to voting for Julie Siegel on election day and urge other villagers to do the same.
Whitefish Bay village trustee
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dentist plans to renovate key Whitefish Bay storefront
- Pedestrian death prompts Whitefish Bay to add new signage on Silver Spring Drive (3)
- Whitefish Bay memorializes woman killed in crosswalk (3)
- Whitefish Bay man allegedly charged officer with knives, screamed 'kill me' in officer-involved shooting (2)
- JCC Maccabi Games will bring 1,000 teen athletes to the North Shore
- Whitefish Bay police officer shoots man holding knives
- Bay Little League plans baseball-themed playground
- Three North Shore libraries join forces for "community reads" event
- Burglary suspects led police on high-speed chase through Whitefish Bay, Glendale (2)
- Burglary suspects allegedly target Bay couple at funeral