I am eager to offer a few words in connection with Julie Siegel's candidacy for re-election as Whitefish Bay village president. I have known her for many years, since the time she first joined the Village Board as a trustee.
Now, as village president, she has been an exemplary leader. Among other things, she has the patience of a saint. She listens — and pays close attention to — a variety of viewpoints from a variety of sources, including ordinary villagers who come before the board. On those occasions when she puts forth an opinion of her own, she does it clearly and cogently, but always with a respect for contrary views.
I look forward to voting for Julie Siegel on election day and urge other villagers to do the same.
Whitefish Bay village trustee
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Monica Parish hosts first "wine and art" winter social
- Whitefish Bay orchestra presents Music for Munchkins children's concert
- Raw video: Driver runs over 36 parking meters in Whitefish Bay (5)
- Gerhards Kitchen and Bath coming to Whitefish Bay
- Patton Oswalt to perform at JCC fundraiser benefiting Special Olympics Wisconsin
- Elvish tradition continues at Whitefish Bay cabin
- Hillel Academy students help their classmate get a new wheelchair
- Sen. Alberta Darling gets feedback from North Shore school districts (3)
- Placesetters will close after 38 years in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay man robbed in his driveway