It's election time again, and Whitefish Bay faces a number of challenges: ongoing issues with aging infrastructure, the development of a short- and long-term vision for the village, how to attract and retain businesses on Silver Spring Drive, and many more. Fortunately, we have a village filled with highly capable, dedicated, educated people. Anne O'Connor is one of these people. She's a behind-the-scenes leader who's helped strengthen the traditions we treasure here, such as the Fourth of July parade, the Schoolhouse Park Pumpkins and Whitefish Bay Little League. If it's important to the Bay, it's important to her.
Anne is one of those rare people who believes in hearing all sides of the story before making a decision. She studies budgets; she reaches out to people, and she gives generously of her own time when it comes to Whitefish Bay. With the election still more than three months away, Anne revived former village president Katie Pritchard's practice, holding office hours in order to hear resident concerns (find her at Stone Creek each Thursday morning).
Anne is determined to help us return to a time when Whitefish Bay better leveraged the incredible talents of the people in the Bay to solve problems or plan for the village's future. Together, we're better. I wholeheartedly endorse Anne O'Connor, and I hope you will join me in voting for her on April 1.
- Whitefish Bay resident takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents (2)
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops (1)
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner' (2)
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15 (1)
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay
- Villages taking precaution with lead service laterals