It's election time again, and Whitefish Bay faces a number of challenges: ongoing issues with aging infrastructure, the development of a short- and long-term vision for the village, how to attract and retain businesses on Silver Spring Drive, and many more. Fortunately, we have a village filled with highly capable, dedicated, educated people. Anne O'Connor is one of these people. She's a behind-the-scenes leader who's helped strengthen the traditions we treasure here, such as the Fourth of July parade, the Schoolhouse Park Pumpkins and Whitefish Bay Little League. If it's important to the Bay, it's important to her.
Anne is one of those rare people who believes in hearing all sides of the story before making a decision. She studies budgets; she reaches out to people, and she gives generously of her own time when it comes to Whitefish Bay. With the election still more than three months away, Anne revived former village president Katie Pritchard's practice, holding office hours in order to hear resident concerns (find her at Stone Creek each Thursday morning).
Anne is determined to help us return to a time when Whitefish Bay better leveraged the incredible talents of the people in the Bay to solve problems or plan for the village's future. Together, we're better. I wholeheartedly endorse Anne O'Connor, and I hope you will join me in voting for her on April 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Whitefish Bay couple challenges conventions with hybrid theater company
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 23 Voter's Guide
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- Brothers pave patio, walkway for veterans in Shorewood
- Cahill neighbors call foul on new field
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- Preserving our Past: The Harry and Ada Levine Residence
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- Whitefish Bay teachers union was scammed by former treasurer