I am writing to introduce myself as candidate for Whitefish Bay village president in the April 1 nonpartisan election. Though a newcomer to politics, I am familiar with the myriad issues facing Whitefish Bay, ranging everywhere from sidewalk repairs to sewer assessments. My approach is collaborative, seeking solutions that are the best for our shared interests. Some objectives are to:
· Listen and involve residents in decision-making, helping to set and reach common goals. I encourage resident feedback to maximize informed decision-making.
· Plan and keep channels of communication clear to impact vitality of Silver Spring as well as methodologies that maintain and improve our infrastructure. I believe in stringent review so that expenditures responsibly reflect shared values of residents.
· Lead through action. Examples of my commitment include many hours of time donated to Little League, Garden Club and Civic Foundation where I have helped with baseball games, weed-outs, July Fourth, Green Day in the Bay, Sounds of Summer, Ice Cream Socials and the Pumpkin Festival. I am current Civic Foundation president and serve as liaison to the Business Initiative District which offers perspective on issues facing Silver Spring.
My commitment to community has prompted research on existing challenges. I have discovered solutions that encourage our village to perform at its best.
I live in Whitefish Bay with my husband and three children attending Whitefish Bay public schools. I have a BBA from the University of Wisconsin Madison and received an MA from the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee in December.
I believe that leadership should be accessible. There are several ways in which you can reach me and those are listed on the "Contact" page of oconnorforpresident.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll coming on Friday
- New Whitefish Bay student group 'gives back' to those in need
- Sendik's rolls out online grocery shopping service
- Milwaukee Bucks player John Henson alleges racial discrimination at Whitefish Bay jewelry store (10)
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Whitefish Bay votes to end Halloween block parties (2)
- Whitefish Bay upgrades tennis courts at Richards Elementary School
- Fire damages two Whitefish Bay homes
- UWM baseball team allowed to practice at Whitefish Bay's Cahill Park
- Whitefish Bay school taxes projected to increase 3.7 percent