North Shore communities claim four of the top six spots in Movoto Blog's "10 Best Places In Wisconsin" list, with the city of Mequon ranking first in the state.
Based on the criteria of amenities, quality of life, crime, taxes, unemployment, commute time, and weather, the real estate blog ranked Mequon first, Brown Deer third, Fox Point fourth, and Whitefish Bay sixth among 130 Wisconsin municipalities.
Mequon was noted for its quality of life, low crime and unemployment rates, and average summer temperature. Brown Deer was highlighted for a low crime rate and available amenities. Due to its state-leading overall quality of life, lack of crime, and climate Fox Point was honored, while Whitefish Bay made the cut for its high level of amenities and quality of life.
Full rankings courtesy of Movoto:
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll coming on Friday
- New Whitefish Bay student group 'gives back' to those in need
- Sendik's rolls out online grocery shopping service
- Milwaukee Bucks player John Henson alleges racial discrimination at Whitefish Bay jewelry store (10)
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Whitefish Bay votes to end Halloween block parties (2)
- Whitefish Bay upgrades tennis courts at Richards Elementary School
- Fire damages two Whitefish Bay homes
- UWM baseball team allowed to practice at Whitefish Bay's Cahill Park
- Whitefish Bay school taxes projected to increase 3.7 percent