· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after a 911 call reporting an erratic driver northbound on Interstate 43 before 2:30 a.m. Oct. 4. The woman was stopped as she exited the highway onto West Brown Deer Road. When asked, she said she had "one drink at work earlier." Her blood alcohol content was 0.13.
· A 26-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for maintaining a drug house, possession of marijuana, cocaine, Suboxone, a Schedule III narcotic, drug paraphernalia, felony bail jumping and a parole violation and a 25-year-old Milwaukee man for possession of heroin, marijuana, alprazolam, a Schedule IV narcotic, and a warrant after police responded to a 911 hang-up call in the 9000 block of North Park Plaza Court at 1:15 a.m. July 4. They were greeted by a man on the second floor balcony saying the call was a mistake; he meant to dial 915. Police applied for a search warrant and after it was issued found the drugs and drug paraphernalia.
· More than $7,000 cash was taken during an armed robbery in the 8900 block of North Park Plaza Court about 3 a.m. Aug. 1. The victim had responded to an ad on Craigslist to meet a woman telling police he just wanted someone to talk to. She arrived with a man and the three went to Potawatomi where the resident gave the woman $200 and the man $100. He told police he was drunk and "an idiot." They returned to his home and he gave the woman another $100 for a sexual encounter. After that, the other man pulled out a gun, forced the resident to open his safe and took the money. The woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for party to the crime of armed robbery and prostitution. The case continues to be investigated.
· A boy, age and residence not released, was arrested for party to the crime of disorderly conduct after the boy he was with punched another boy in the head three times causing minor injury in the 8500 block of North 56th Street early evening Sept. 23. The attacker has not yet been arrested. The case is under investigation.
· A briefcase and contents valued at more than $1,400 including an electronic mini tablet, passports, two men's watches and sunglasses was taken when left unattended at McDonald's, 9120 N. Green Bay Road, between 1 and 1:30 p.m. Sept. 24. The owner said he'd put the briefcase down next to his booth and when he got up to leave, it was gone.
· Cars were entered and in some cases items taken in the following blocks Sept. 24 to 26: 5200 block of West Brown Deer Road, the 5400 blocks of West Dean Road and West Wahner Avenue, the 6200 block of West Plaza Circle, the 7700 block of North Teutonia Avenue; the 8000 blocks of North 51 and North 54th streets, the 8100 blocks of North 53rd and North 54th streets, the 9000 blocks of North Maura and North Silver Brook lanes and the 9100 block of North Goldendale Drive.
· A boy, age and residence not released, was arrested for theft of a smartphone taken from another student at Brown Deer High School, 8060 N. 60th St., sometime Sept. 25. The theft was caught on surveillance video and the boy identified. The phone was recovered at his home where he admitted the theft.
· From $6 to $75 was taken after a lock box was broken into in the Doerr Chapel at St. Eugene's Church, 7600 N. Port Washington Road, before 3:30 p.m. Sept. 28. A note was left in the lock box that read "IOU."
· Two males were seen taking at least 10 cartons of cigarettes valued at more than $710 from Walgreens, 8615 N. Port Washington Road, about 1:15 p.m. Sept. 30. The males went behind the counter, grabbed the cartons and fled the store driving off in a vehicle described as a silver Impala. A similar theft was reported at a Glendale Walgreens on Sept. 28.
· A man, age and residence not available, was arrested for theft of five pieces of 10-foot copper pipe and four pumps valued at more than $5,500 from Manchester Village, 2400 W. Good Hope Road, starting in May to Sept. 26. The man, who worked at the complex, admitted taking the items saying he thought they were scrap.
· Two laptop computers, value not available, and a projector valued at $1,100 were reported taken from Cardinal Stritch University, 6801 N. Yates Road, on Sept. 30. The computers had been taken sometime June 15 to Sept. 5 and the projector sometime Sept. 26 to 30.
· A 58-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft of clothing valued at $218 from Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 2:45 p.m. Sept. 24. He was seen by store security taking the items and leaving the store without paying.
· A female was seen taking eight bottles of perfume valued at $508 from a display and leaving Victoria's Secret, 5701 N. Centerpark Way, at 10 a.m. Sept. 26.
· Two Milwaukee women, 21 and 29, were arrested in separate incidents for being escorts without a license after "dates" were set up by police at LaQuinta Inn, 5110 N. Port Washington Road, at 8:30 p.m. Sept. 26 and 12:15 a.m. Sept. 27. Both women had placed ads on a known website used by prostitutes.
· Two males were seen taking about 65 cartons of cigarettes valued at $4,300 from Walgreens, 5400 N. Port Washington Road, at 3 p.m. Sept. 27. The men went behind the counter and grabbed what was described as two totes and fled the store. A similar theft was reported at a Fox Point Walgreens on Sept. 30.
· An MP3 player and charger valued at $172 was taken from a car in the 2600 block of West Custer Avenue from 1 to 5 a.m. Sept. 28. Other cars were entered but nothing taken at Nicolet High School, 6701 N. Jean Nicolet Road, the 2700 block of West Good Road and the 6900 block of North Port Washington Road Sept. 25 to 30.
· A 29-year-old St. Francis woman was arrested for disorderly conduct after a report of an intoxicated woman in a parking structure at Bayshore Town Center, 5801 N. Lydell Ave., at 3:20 p.m. Sept. 28. She was warned to leave the Center but instead walked into a store and was then arrested saying she didn't mind going to jail.
· Two men — one age 32 of Glendale and the other, 34 of Milwaukee — were arrested for patronizing prostitutes in separate incidents at the Hilton Hotel, 4700 N. Port Washington Road, one at 7:55 p.m. and the other at 11:20 p.m. Sept. 28. The men had responded to an ad police posted on a known prostitution website. When arrested, the Milwaukee man said he'd had a rough day and it was easier to hire a prostitute then try to pick up a woman at a bar.
· A 32-year-old Illinois man was arrested for disorderly conduct after punching another man in the face during Oktoberfest at the Bavarian Inn, 700 W. Lexington Blvd., at 9:30 p.m. Sept. 28. Two groups of men were joking around when the suspect made fun of another man saying he could speak better German.
· A 27-year-old Madison man was arrested for possession of 0.4 grams of marijuana, with a prior conviction, and violation of parole also related to drugs after a noise complaint at the Hilton Inn, 4700 N. Port Washington Road, at 2:50 a.m. Sept. 29. More than 20 people were in the man's room and he was seen trying to hide bags that contained the marijuana.
· More than $400 was taken from the 7200 block of North Green Bay Avenue on Sept. 28 or 29 and reported Sept. 30. Entry was gained through a bedroom window. In the same complex another resident reported finding a screen removed but entry not gained Sept. 30 or Oct. 1. Footprints were also found on the property leading to the window.
· A 22-year-old woman, residence not available, was arrested for an outstanding warrant and also for possession of 0.8 grams of marijuana and a 28-year-old man, residence not available, for violation of parole at the Baymont Inn, 5423 N. Port Washington Road, at 6:25 a.m. Oct. 2.
No reportable incidents this week.
· A secured white and pink bicycle valued at $350 was taken from Shorewood High School, 1701 E. Capitol Drive, sometime Sept. 26 to 30. The lock had been cut off.
· A 21-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for driving a motor vehicle without the owner's consent and violation of his parole in the 4400 block of North Estabrook Parkway at 1:20 a.m. Sept. 27. The man was driving a 1997 BMW stolen out of Milwaukee. A .45-caliber pistol that was is that stolen car was not recovered.
· A diaper bag and contents valued at $550 including a wallet and credit cards was taken from a car in the 4400 block of North Estabrook Parkway before 1 p.m. Sept. 27. Credit cards had been used before the theft was discovered.
· A smartphone valued at $200 was taken from The Lighthorse construction site, 4041 N. Oakland Ave., the afternoon of Sept. 27.
· A concrete birdbath valued at $100 was taken from a yard in the 4200 block of North Woodburn Street on Sept. 27 or 28.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was cited for trespassing in the 3900 block of North Lake Drive after she was found barefoot and confused in the 2800 block of East Edgewood Avenue at 5:40 a.m. Sept. 29. She was given assistance and then cited after her purse was found at the front door of the Lake Drive home.
· A bicycle valued at $300 was taken from Lake Bluff School, 1600 E. Lake Bluff Blvd., during the school day Sept. 30.
· An unlocked mountain bike valued at $300 was taken from Shorewood High School, 1701 E. Capitol Drive, during the school day Oct. 1.
· A man, age and residence not released, was cited for riding his bicycle on the sidewalk after he collided with a boy in the 1400 block of East Capitol Drive at 8:10 a.m. Oct. 2. Only children 14 and younger can ride on the sidewalk. No injuries were reported.
· A secured 20-foot ladder valued at $200 was taken from the rear of the University Bible Fellowship Church, 1250 E. Hampton Road, on Sept. 23 to 27 and reported Oct. 2.
· An unsecured bicycle valued at $400 was taken from Whitefish Bay Middle School, 1144 E. Henry Clay St., before 4 p.m. Sept. 30 and recovered at Cahill Square, 1011 E. Fairmount Ave., about 9:45 p.m. Oct. 1.
· A $300 purse with $120 cash and a $75 diaper bag filled with diapers were taken during a burglary in the 5700 block of North Shore Drive before 1:30 a.m. Oct. 1. Forced entry was through a glass kitchen door. The stolen items except for the $120 were found a block away and turned over to police at 2:45 p.m. Oct. 3.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for loitering/prowling and trespassing after he was found in a detached garage in the 5000 block of North Hollywood Avenue at 2:52 a.m. Oct. 1. The man is known to the resident but did not have permission to be on the property.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for possession of an electric weapon, a stun gun, after his car was stopped in the 1600 block of East Hampton Avenue at 3:15 a.m. Oct. 3.
· A wallet and contents was taken during a burglary in the 6000 block of North Santa Monica Boulevard about 9 p.m. Oct. 3. The resident returned home to find a patio door pried open and heard a banging on the second floor and reported a suspect exiting though a window there. The suspect did get away.
· Three males were seen taking about 20 cartons of cigarettes from CVS Pharmacy, 240 E. Hampton Ave., at 2 p.m. Oct. 4. The men, described as between 19 and 22, entered the store, went behind a counter, grabbed the cartons and fled driving off in a newer gray Dodge. Similar thefts were reported at Walgreens stores in Fox Point and Glendale on Sept. 27 and 30.
· A resident responding to police e-mails about recent burglaries reported that some clay pots and landscape timber had been moved from under a back window in the 5500 block of North Berkeley Boulevard Oct. 2 or 3 and reported Oct. 4.
· A female, age and residence not released, suffered "a severe head injury" when her bike crashed after she hit a bump in the 5900 block of North Lake Drive about 1:15 p.m. Oct. 6. Flight for Life was called and transported her to a hospital. There was no report on her condition.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
· Firefighters responded to 140 calls, 109 emergency medical and 31 fire/rescue, Sept. 29 to Oct. 6.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 21, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 7, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 31, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 24, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 17, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 10, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Dec. 3, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Oct. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 1, 2015