Arthur and Mary Roethe House
1101 East Circle Drive
By Tom Fehring
Built in 1927, this two story Tudor Revival residence features brick construction with partial stucco and half timbering at the second floor.
The original owner was Arthur and Mary Roethe. The 1930 Wright’s Milwaukee Directory lists Arthur G. Roethe as a tax consultant and accountant.
The residence was identified by the Wisconsin State Historical Society in a 1980 survey.
Note: Please respect the rights of private property owners when viewing this or any of properties listed in this column.
About "Preserving Our Past"
The Village of Whitefish Bay is a community of residential neighborhoods, punctuated with an attractive walking district of fine stores, excellent schools and vibrant houses of worship. It is filled with homes and other buildings that are architecturally rich, well-designed and maintained, and diverse in character.
Its residents have contributed much to the broad cultural, political, economic and social history of the area. And its residents are interested in maintaining their connections with an historic past.
To help maintain these connections, the Historic Preservation Commission is in the process of identifying buildings and historic sites that it believes may be architecturally significant or historic. On a weekly basis we will feature a building or site from our inventory.
- Archive: Read about the village's other historic buildings
- From the commission: About our inventory and a request for help
- More information: Historic designation application and procedures online
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Monica Parish hosts first "wine and art" winter social
- Whitefish Bay orchestra presents Music for Munchkins children's concert
- Raw video: Driver runs over 36 parking meters in Whitefish Bay (5)
- Gerhards Kitchen and Bath coming to Whitefish Bay
- Patton Oswalt to perform at JCC fundraiser benefiting Special Olympics Wisconsin
- Elvish tradition continues at Whitefish Bay cabin
- Hillel Academy students help their classmate get a new wheelchair
- Sen. Alberta Darling gets feedback from North Shore school districts (3)
- Placesetters will close after 38 years in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay man robbed in his driveway