John J. and Laura McCoy Residence
1093 E. Circle Drive
By Tom Fehring
Built in 1927, this two story Tudor Revival residence features brick construction with a round entry tower and an attractive slate roof. The original owner was John J. and Laura McCoy.
A new garage was added in 1967, with a heating slab installed in the former garage as it was converted to residential living space. John J. McCoy is listed in the 1930 Wright’s Milwaukee Directory as the president of Wisconsin Face and Fire Brick.
The residence was identified by the Wisconsin State Historical Society in a 1980 survey.
Note: This site was listed in the WI Architecture and History Inventory without an address – simply as the Southwest Corner of Circle Drive and Kimbark Place. From the location and the description of the home and a review of their files, we were able to verify the correct address.
Note: Please respect the rights of private property owners when viewing this or any of properties listed in this column.
About "Preserving Our Past"
The Village of Whitefish Bay is a community of residential neighborhoods, punctuated with an attractive walking district of fine stores, excellent schools and vibrant houses of worship. It is filled with homes and other buildings that are architecturally rich, well-designed and maintained, and diverse in character.
Its residents have contributed much to the broad cultural, political, economic and social history of the area. And its residents are interested in maintaining their connections with an historic past.
To help maintain these connections, the Historic Preservation Commission is in the process of identifying buildings and historic sites that it believes may be architecturally significant or historic. On a weekly basis we will feature a building or site from our inventory.
- Archive: Read about the village's other historic buildings
- From the commission: About our inventory and a request for help
- More information: Historic designation application and procedures online
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- Whitefish Bay leads state in ACT scores
- Tennis courts receive another $60K in district funding
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- Whitefish Bay sets sex offender limits
- No refunds on Whitefish Bay assessments
- North Shore Police Reports: August 7, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014