A platinum and diamond ring valued at $5,995 was taken from a Whitefish Bay jewelry store a little after 2 p.m. Nov. 2.
According to the police report:
Police were called just after the theft was discovered at Thiet Jewelers, 513 E. Silver Spring Drive, about 2:15 p.m. Nov. 2.
The suspects are two white couples in their 50s who spread out in the store and distracted a clerk who inadvertently left a display case open.
Two couples, matching the description, had visited another jewelry store in the area.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll coming on Friday
- New Whitefish Bay student group 'gives back' to those in need
- Sendik's rolls out online grocery shopping service
- Milwaukee Bucks player John Henson alleges racial discrimination at Whitefish Bay jewelry store (10)
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Whitefish Bay votes to end Halloween block parties (2)
- Whitefish Bay upgrades tennis courts at Richards Elementary School
- Fire damages two Whitefish Bay homes
- UWM baseball team allowed to practice at Whitefish Bay's Cahill Park
- Whitefish Bay school taxes projected to increase 3.7 percent