A platinum and diamond ring valued at $5,995 was taken from a Whitefish Bay jewelry store a little after 2 p.m. Nov. 2.
According to the police report:
Police were called just after the theft was discovered at Thiet Jewelers, 513 E. Silver Spring Drive, about 2:15 p.m. Nov. 2.
The suspects are two white couples in their 50s who spread out in the store and distracted a clerk who inadvertently left a display case open.
Two couples, matching the description, had visited another jewelry store in the area.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: June 19
- Bay board chooses Serebin as interim trustee
- Police Report: June 17
- News & Notes: June 12
- NSFD's unfunded retirement liability looms
- Police Report: June 10
- Whitefish Bay School Board praises Gavigan for years of service
- Annual meeting date debate continues
- News & Notes: June 5
- Bay holding June, July meetings on southern lateral assessments