A platinum and diamond ring valued at $5,995 was taken from a Whitefish Bay jewelry store a little after 2 p.m. Nov. 2.
According to the police report:
Police were called just after the theft was discovered at Thiet Jewelers, 513 E. Silver Spring Drive, about 2:15 p.m. Nov. 2.
The suspects are two white couples in their 50s who spread out in the store and distracted a clerk who inadvertently left a display case open.
Two couples, matching the description, had visited another jewelry store in the area.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Monica Parish hosts first "wine and art" winter social
- Whitefish Bay orchestra presents Music for Munchkins children's concert
- Raw video: Driver runs over 36 parking meters in Whitefish Bay (5)
- Gerhards Kitchen and Bath coming to Whitefish Bay
- Patton Oswalt to perform at JCC fundraiser benefiting Special Olympics Wisconsin
- Elvish tradition continues at Whitefish Bay cabin
- Hillel Academy students help their classmate get a new wheelchair
- Sen. Alberta Darling gets feedback from North Shore school districts (3)
- Placesetters will close after 38 years in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay man robbed in his driveway