I'm running a write-in campaign as a Democrat against Alberta Darling in Senate District 8.
My goal is to return integrity and civility to the state Legislature.
In the proud tradition of Wisconsin progressivism, I stand for transparency in state politics and a return to working together with Democrats, Republicans and independents. Together we can improve our state's economy, bring back respect for unions that strive for better working conditions for everyone, support veterans, and improve our schools, from K-12 through the UW System, which have suffered from years of declining state support. As a professor of English at UW-Whitewater, I will dedicate myself as a citizen-legislator to work together with others for a better Wisconsin for everyone.
The recent gerrymandering of districts by Wisconsin Republicans has resulted in districts so lopsided that in many cases no other party is running against the incumbent. As Steven Walters of WisconsinEye pointed out in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, few of the Assembly seats and even fewer Senate seats this fall are really competitive. A situation where candidates run unopposed is contrary to the very basis of democracy.
Stand with me and support democracy by casting a write-in vote for me in District 8 of the Wisconsin State Senate.
Beth L. Lueck
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dentist plans to renovate key Whitefish Bay storefront
- Pedestrian death prompts Whitefish Bay to add new signage on Silver Spring Drive (3)
- Whitefish Bay memorializes woman killed in crosswalk (3)
- Whitefish Bay man allegedly charged officer with knives, screamed 'kill me' in officer-involved shooting (2)
- JCC Maccabi Games will bring 1,000 teen athletes to the North Shore
- Whitefish Bay police officer shoots man holding knives
- Bay Little League plans baseball-themed playground
- Three North Shore libraries join forces for "community reads" event
- Burglary suspects led police on high-speed chase through Whitefish Bay, Glendale (2)
- Burglary suspects allegedly target Bay couple at funeral