I'm running a write-in campaign as a Democrat against Alberta Darling in Senate District 8.
My goal is to return integrity and civility to the state Legislature.
In the proud tradition of Wisconsin progressivism, I stand for transparency in state politics and a return to working together with Democrats, Republicans and independents. Together we can improve our state's economy, bring back respect for unions that strive for better working conditions for everyone, support veterans, and improve our schools, from K-12 through the UW System, which have suffered from years of declining state support. As a professor of English at UW-Whitewater, I will dedicate myself as a citizen-legislator to work together with others for a better Wisconsin for everyone.
The recent gerrymandering of districts by Wisconsin Republicans has resulted in districts so lopsided that in many cases no other party is running against the incumbent. As Steven Walters of WisconsinEye pointed out in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, few of the Assembly seats and even fewer Senate seats this fall are really competitive. A situation where candidates run unopposed is contrary to the very basis of democracy.
Stand with me and support democracy by casting a write-in vote for me in District 8 of the Wisconsin State Senate.
Beth L. Lueck
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops (1)
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner' (2)
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15 (1)
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay
- Villages taking precaution with lead service laterals
- Whitefish Bay hosts eco-friendly 'Green Day' event
- Dominican HS grad Kevin Brauer repurposes old clothing with Upties business
- Whitefish Bay restaurant Moxie to open in late summer