I'm running a write-in campaign as a Democrat against Alberta Darling in Senate District 8.
My goal is to return integrity and civility to the state Legislature.
In the proud tradition of Wisconsin progressivism, I stand for transparency in state politics and a return to working together with Democrats, Republicans and independents. Together we can improve our state's economy, bring back respect for unions that strive for better working conditions for everyone, support veterans, and improve our schools, from K-12 through the UW System, which have suffered from years of declining state support. As a professor of English at UW-Whitewater, I will dedicate myself as a citizen-legislator to work together with others for a better Wisconsin for everyone.
The recent gerrymandering of districts by Wisconsin Republicans has resulted in districts so lopsided that in many cases no other party is running against the incumbent. As Steven Walters of WisconsinEye pointed out in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, few of the Assembly seats and even fewer Senate seats this fall are really competitive. A situation where candidates run unopposed is contrary to the very basis of democracy.
Stand with me and support democracy by casting a write-in vote for me in District 8 of the Wisconsin State Senate.
Beth L. Lueck
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Burglary suspects allegedly targeted Whitefish Bay couple away at a funeral
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- Whitefish Bay chooses John Thomsen as new superintendent of schools
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- Wauwatosa officials say city would lose $400K in five years under proposed room-tax changes
- Whitefish Bay examines pedestrian safety in the wake of a fatal accident (3)
- Whitefish Bay students paint portraits for orphans in Ghana
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- Pedestrian dies after being struck by car in Whitefish Bay