I'm running a write-in campaign as a Democrat against Alberta Darling in Senate District 8.
My goal is to return integrity and civility to the state Legislature.
In the proud tradition of Wisconsin progressivism, I stand for transparency in state politics and a return to working together with Democrats, Republicans and independents. Together we can improve our state's economy, bring back respect for unions that strive for better working conditions for everyone, support veterans, and improve our schools, from K-12 through the UW System, which have suffered from years of declining state support. As a professor of English at UW-Whitewater, I will dedicate myself as a citizen-legislator to work together with others for a better Wisconsin for everyone.
The recent gerrymandering of districts by Wisconsin Republicans has resulted in districts so lopsided that in many cases no other party is running against the incumbent. As Steven Walters of WisconsinEye pointed out in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, few of the Assembly seats and even fewer Senate seats this fall are really competitive. A situation where candidates run unopposed is contrary to the very basis of democracy.
Stand with me and support democracy by casting a write-in vote for me in District 8 of the Wisconsin State Senate.
Beth L. Lueck
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll coming on Friday
- New Whitefish Bay student group 'gives back' to those in need
- Sendik's rolls out online grocery shopping service
- Milwaukee Bucks player John Henson alleges racial discrimination at Whitefish Bay jewelry store (10)
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Whitefish Bay votes to end Halloween block parties (2)
- Whitefish Bay upgrades tennis courts at Richards Elementary School
- Fire damages two Whitefish Bay homes
- UWM baseball team allowed to practice at Whitefish Bay's Cahill Park
- Whitefish Bay school taxes projected to increase 3.7 percent