A 73-year-old Whitefish Bay man was cited for illegal discharge of a firearm after a neighbor reported him shooting at birds and squirrels in the 100 block of W. Day Ave. at 11:30 a.m. last week.
According to the police report:
Police found a dead bird in his backyard last Monday and the man admitted he has been shooting “unwanted birds and squirrels” that were eating his “expensive bird food” — the food he put out for birds “he desires.”
He also said that he didn’t know it was illegal and that he was careful to shoot only at the ground so as not to hit anything else.
He had a .177-caliber pellet gun.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay group speaks out against school budget cuts
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- Tornado watch in effect
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- Whitefish Bay School Board says radio station would be better suited for community use
- Whitefish Bay couple accused of public assistance fraud (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- Whitefish Bay hires John Edlebeck as public works director
- Whitefish Bay cop Straub to run marathon in full uniform
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015