A 73-year-old Whitefish Bay man was cited for illegal discharge of a firearm after a neighbor reported him shooting at birds and squirrels in the 100 block of W. Day Ave. at 11:30 a.m. last week.
According to the police report:
Police found a dead bird in his backyard last Monday and the man admitted he has been shooting “unwanted birds and squirrels” that were eating his “expensive bird food” — the food he put out for birds “he desires.”
He also said that he didn’t know it was illegal and that he was careful to shoot only at the ground so as not to hit anything else.
He had a .177-caliber pellet gun.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay officials discuss tentative budget
- Two annual meetings? It's possible in Whitefish Bay
- News & Notes: May 22
- Police Report: May 20
- Fox Point's Richard Thieme discusses UFO research book at North Shore library
- Whitefish Bay names Myrah interim superintendent
- Shorewood Schools Business Manager moves on
- Police Report: May 13
- Whitefish Bay superintendent resigns
- Elmbrook recommends Stormonth's Westfahl as new Brookfield Elementary principal