A 73-year-old Whitefish Bay man was cited for illegal discharge of a firearm after a neighbor reported him shooting at birds and squirrels in the 100 block of W. Day Ave. at 11:30 a.m. last week.
According to the police report:
Police found a dead bird in his backyard last Monday and the man admitted he has been shooting “unwanted birds and squirrels” that were eating his “expensive bird food” — the food he put out for birds “he desires.”
He also said that he didn’t know it was illegal and that he was careful to shoot only at the ground so as not to hit anything else.
He had a .177-caliber pellet gun.
- Whitefish Bay restaurant Moxie to open in late summer
- Whitefish Bay ranked top high school in Wisconsin
- Whitefish Bay police arrest two burglars
- The Navy Knot brings prep to Whitefish Bay
- Three men charged in car thefts in Shorewood, Whitefish Bay
- Flotation therapy coming to Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay targets basement backups
- Whitefish Bay remembers former village president Patrick Matthews
- Whitefish Bay set to catch some 'Greased Lightning'
- St. Monica Parish hosts first "wine and art" winter social