Two 16-year-old boys of Milwaukee and Glendale were mailed citations last week after taking part in a "planned fight" at Whitefish Bay High School coordinated through social media.
According to the police report:
The boys had tweeted each other to set up the confrontation on April 30. The Glendale boy said he didn't want to fight but had no choice after a large group of students gathered around them to watch. The fight began around 3:15 p.m. in the boys locker room.
The Glendale boy punched and kicked the other boy and fled the scene but gave himself up a few blocks away.
The Milwaukee boy was found semiconscious and bleeding and was treated by a school nurse and North Shore rescue. When his mother arrived, she refused transport, and drove her son to a hospital.
The Glendale boy was cited for battery and the Milwaukee boy for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- Whitefish Bay group speaks out against school budget cuts
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- Tornado watch in effect
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- Whitefish Bay School Board says radio station would be better suited for community use
- Whitefish Bay couple accused of public assistance fraud (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- Whitefish Bay hires John Edlebeck as public works director
- Whitefish Bay cop Straub to run marathon in full uniform