Whitefish Bay - An Oklahoma-based frozen yogurt chain has announced plans to enter Wisconsin with its first store operating in the village.
Representatives from Cherry Berry came before the Plan Commission on Tuesday and were granted a conditional-use permit to operate a store at 106 W. Silver Spring Drive. The space is next to Dunkin' Donuts and ATI Physical Therapy.
Cherry Berry touts itself as a self-service yogurt bar that uses fresh ingredients. A wide variety of yogurt flavors and toppings are featured on the menu. Other featured amenities include free Wi-Fi service with indoor seating made available.
Franchisee Julie Bartol said Cherry Berry has a history of community involvement through a number of means, including participation in fundraising efforts.
"There's a real emphasis on working with the community, she said.
Cherry Berry's application had the backing of village staff, who noted the store hours are compatible with Dunkin' Donuts and ATI Physical Therapy. With Dunkin' Donuts' peak hours being early in the morning, Village Manager Pat DeGrave said he did not believe parking would be an issue, based on Cherry Berry's planned operating hours of 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
The local Cherry Berry anticipates hiring 10 employees, with about three working at any given time.
According to the company's website, additional locations across the state are planned in Appleton, Eau Claire, Green Bay, Janesville, La Crosse, Mequon and Oshkosh.
No opening date has been set, but Bartol said she plans to open "soon."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Pandl's celebrates 100 years in Whitefish Bay
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- Fleeing the scene of a robbery, suspects crash stolen car near Whitefish Bay
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- Howie Mandel featured in Jewish Community Center's 'Laugh It Up Milwaukee' event
- Two pediatric dentists fill a cavity in the North Shore market
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- Whitefish Bay alum training dogs for Iditarod
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 1, 2015