Fox Point - A 50-year-old Menomonee Falls man was arrested for burglary - party to the crime of burglary of a dwelling while occupied, possession of burglary tools, both with the added enhancer of repeater, and possession of marijuana after he entered a home in the 7800 block of North Club Circle about 3 a.m. April 14.
According to Fox Point police:
The residents heard noises coming from downstairs and saw a flashlight being used. The family gathered in the master bedroom, locked the door and called 911. Police arrived and found the patio door opened and saw the suspect riding off on a bicycle. When stopped, he said he and another man entered the home and the other man was now "long gone."
The resident reported an iPad left in the kitchen was "opened to various pornography sites that no one in his family had accessed."
The suspect had been convicted of burglary and sent to prison August 2004 until March 2011 and was now on probation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Raw video: Driver runs over 36 parking meters in Whitefish Bay (5)
- Gerhards Kitchen and Bath coming to Whitefish Bay
- Patton Oswalt to perform at JCC fundraiser benefiting Special Olympics Wisconsin
- Elvish tradition continues at Whitefish Bay cabin
- Hillel Academy students help their classmate get a new wheelchair
- Sen. Alberta Darling gets feedback from North Shore school districts (3)
- Placesetters will close after 38 years in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay man robbed in his driveway
- Football: Friends remember Whitefish Bay football coach Jim Tietjen, who died after battle with brain cancer (2)
- Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll coming on Friday