Dog helps find lost cell phone
Mequon - A woman lost her cell phone while walking her dog at Katherine Kearney Park on Zedler Lane at 6:15 a.m. Nov. 18. The woman, who was with other dog walkers, said she'd retrace her steps while one of the others would call the lost phone.
As the woman neared the parking lot, she did hear her phone ringing.
"It's over here," she said pointing east.
Almost immediately another woman yelled, "No, it's over here" pointing west.
And yet another, "No. Over here" pointing south.
The women stopped and then all pointed in one direction.
"There," they shouted as the owner's dog, Shana, approached them, the ringing phone in her mouth. The phone and dog were no worse for the wear.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- Whitefish Bay leads state in ACT scores
- Tennis courts receive another $60K in district funding
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- Whitefish Bay sets sex offender limits
- No refunds on Whitefish Bay assessments
- North Shore Police Reports: August 7, 2014