Street resurfacing will take place this summer in Whitefish Bay along portions of Bay Ridge, Bartlett, Hollywood, Kent, Lancaster and Lydell avenues, following action by the Village Board on Monday.
The board approved a recommendation by village staff to award a $280,194 contract to Stark Asphalt. The firm was the lowest bidder for the project. The village had earmarked $350,000 for the work in its 2011 budget, but Assistant Village Manager Matt Schuenke said the cost was defrayed because Whitefish Bay teamed up with Brown Deer, a community undertaking similar work, to increase the size of the contract and lower bid prices.
Property owners living within the affected areas will be charged a special assessment fee.
- Whitefish Bay restaurant Moxie to open in late summer
- Whitefish Bay ranked top high school in Wisconsin
- Whitefish Bay police arrest two burglars
- The Navy Knot brings prep to Whitefish Bay
- Three men charged in car thefts in Shorewood, Whitefish Bay
- Flotation therapy coming to Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay targets basement backups
- Whitefish Bay remembers former village president Patrick Matthews
- Whitefish Bay set to catch some 'Greased Lightning'
- St. Monica Parish hosts first "wine and art" winter social