Street resurfacing will take place this summer in Whitefish Bay along portions of Bay Ridge, Bartlett, Hollywood, Kent, Lancaster and Lydell avenues, following action by the Village Board on Monday.
The board approved a recommendation by village staff to award a $280,194 contract to Stark Asphalt. The firm was the lowest bidder for the project. The village had earmarked $350,000 for the work in its 2011 budget, but Assistant Village Manager Matt Schuenke said the cost was defrayed because Whitefish Bay teamed up with Brown Deer, a community undertaking similar work, to increase the size of the contract and lower bid prices.
Property owners living within the affected areas will be charged a special assessment fee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- Preserving our Past: The 2010 Flood
- Whitefish Bay class ring returns home from Japan
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- North Shore Police Report, June 26, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: June 19
- Graduation walk a symbolic step
- Whitefish Bay home leads to NARI award
- Pesticide use concerns arise in Whitefish Bay