Street resurfacing will take place this summer in Whitefish Bay along portions of Bay Ridge, Bartlett, Hollywood, Kent, Lancaster and Lydell avenues, following action by the Village Board on Monday.
The board approved a recommendation by village staff to award a $280,194 contract to Stark Asphalt. The firm was the lowest bidder for the project. The village had earmarked $350,000 for the work in its 2011 budget, but Assistant Village Manager Matt Schuenke said the cost was defrayed because Whitefish Bay teamed up with Brown Deer, a community undertaking similar work, to increase the size of the contract and lower bid prices.
Property owners living within the affected areas will be charged a special assessment fee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- St. Monica to host car wash
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- Whitefish Bay leads state in ACT scores
- Tennis courts receive another $60K in district funding
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Voter turnout high in North Shore