Street resurfacing will take place this summer in Whitefish Bay along portions of Bay Ridge, Bartlett, Hollywood, Kent, Lancaster and Lydell avenues, following action by the Village Board on Monday.
The board approved a recommendation by village staff to award a $280,194 contract to Stark Asphalt. The firm was the lowest bidder for the project. The village had earmarked $350,000 for the work in its 2011 budget, but Assistant Village Manager Matt Schuenke said the cost was defrayed because Whitefish Bay teamed up with Brown Deer, a community undertaking similar work, to increase the size of the contract and lower bid prices.
Property owners living within the affected areas will be charged a special assessment fee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Pandl's celebrates 100 years in Whitefish Bay
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- Fleeing the scene of a robbery, suspects crash stolen car near Whitefish Bay
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- Howie Mandel featured in Jewish Community Center's 'Laugh It Up Milwaukee' event
- Two pediatric dentists fill a cavity in the North Shore market
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- Whitefish Bay alum training dogs for Iditarod
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 1, 2015