A male postal worker was arrested for lewd and lascivious behavior after walking naked into an office to deliver mail in the 300 block of West Silver Spring Drive, at 1:10 p.m. Dec. 4.
Chris Baltz, manager of the North Shore Post Office, said the matter is being handled internally and the department is working with law enforcement. The employee is not out delivering mail, he said.
According to the police report:
The 52-year-old Fox Point man, who was arrested at the North Shore Post Office, 5600 Lydell Ave., on Dec. 9, admitted he had delivered the mail completely naked and that he was sorry and it was a stupid thing to do.
The man said he told a 21-year-old female employee in that office that he would retrieve the mail from the business’ post office box — something the woman usually does — and deliver it to her naked because she seemed “stressed out” and he wanted to “cheer her up and make her laugh.”
He said at that time she made a comment that he took as a dare.
The woman denied daring or encouraging him in any way. She told police she did not hear him say he planned to return and deliver the post office box mail naked, but she also said she didn’t think he intended to harm her.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Preserving our Past, February: Victory gardens
- Cumberland custodian charged with child abuse
- News & Notes: March 5
- Whitefish Bay prepares to unveil its preliminary, new compensation model
- Whitefish Bay district officials consider contributing for artificial turf softball field
- DeGrave resigns as Whitefish Bay village manager
- Police report: March 3
- News & Notes: Feb. 26
- ELECTION 2014: Three vie for two seats on Bay Village Board
- ELECTION 2014: O'Connor, Siegel square off for Bay presidency