A male postal worker was arrested for lewd and lascivious behavior after walking naked into an office to deliver mail in the 300 block of West Silver Spring Drive, at 1:10 p.m. Dec. 4.
Chris Baltz, manager of the North Shore Post Office, said the matter is being handled internally and the department is working with law enforcement. The employee is not out delivering mail, he said.
According to the police report:
The 52-year-old Fox Point man, who was arrested at the North Shore Post Office, 5600 Lydell Ave., on Dec. 9, admitted he had delivered the mail completely naked and that he was sorry and it was a stupid thing to do.
The man said he told a 21-year-old female employee in that office that he would retrieve the mail from the business’ post office box — something the woman usually does — and deliver it to her naked because she seemed “stressed out” and he wanted to “cheer her up and make her laugh.”
He said at that time she made a comment that he took as a dare.
The woman denied daring or encouraging him in any way. She told police she did not hear him say he planned to return and deliver the post office box mail naked, but she also said she didn’t think he intended to harm her.
- Rumage Around column: Whitefish Bay family's treehouse is a work of art
- Whitefish Bay woman takes home grand prize at the Hottest Kitchen Entrepreneur Challenge
- Animator of 'Yellow Submarine' and other influential shows will appear in Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay sleep consultant is a dream come true for North Shore parents (2)
- After extensive cancer treatment, Whitefish Bay mom finds new purpose in ice pops (1)
- Whitefish Bay entrepreneur wants to revolutionize school fundraisers
- Whitefish Bay's 28 minutes of fame is 'Around the Corner' (2)
- Whitefish Bay's first ice cream social of the season is June 15 (1)
- Whitefish Bay Community Band sets summer schedule
- Memorial Day ceremony planned in Whitefish Bay