Whitefish Bay — Village President Kathleen Pritchard and Trustee Tom Fehring will not seek re-election in April, and Trustee Julie Siegel announced late Tuesday that she will be a candidate for Pritchard's seat.
Siegel is completing her first three-year term on the Village Board. With the retirement of Village Manager Jim Grassman at the end of December and the challenges presented by flooding during the summer, Siegel said Whitefish Bay needs continuity in leadership. She said she would work on improving communication between village government and residents if elected.
She and her husband, Roger, have three children and have lived in the village for nearly 20 years.
Siegel, a social worker at Froedtert Hospital in Wauwatosa, has two bachelor's degrees: one in business administration from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and a second in social work from Mount Mary College. She also has a master's degree in social work from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
Pritchard served three terms as village president and Fehring served one three-year term as trustee.
- Mary Buckley
- Whitefish Bay restaurant Moxie to open in late summer
- Whitefish Bay ranked top high school in Wisconsin
- Whitefish Bay police arrest two burglars
- The Navy Knot brings prep to Whitefish Bay
- Three men charged in car thefts in Shorewood, Whitefish Bay
- Flotation therapy coming to Whitefish Bay
- Whitefish Bay targets basement backups
- Whitefish Bay remembers former village president Patrick Matthews
- Whitefish Bay set to catch some 'Greased Lightning'
- St. Monica Parish hosts first "wine and art" winter social